Rice Studios Pty Ltd (ACN 121 133 935) including its brand, 360ed.tv, recognises the importance of your privacy and is committed to protecting any personal information we collect about you in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
In this Statement, references to “we”, “us”, “our” include references to Rice Studios Pty Ltd and all brands it owns. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, the word “you” includes website visitors and consumers of Rice Studios Pty Ltd products and services..
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you about:
- What personal information about you is collected by Rice Studios Pty Ltd.
- How the information is used.
- With whom the information may be shared.
- How you can access and change any personal information Rice Studios Pty Ltd holds about you.
- What security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information by Rice Studios Pty Ltd.
- How to contact Rice Studios Pty Ltd.
This Privacy Statement applies to any personal information you provide to us:
- when visiting all Rice Studios Pty Ltd websites
- when using Rice Studios Pty Ltd online forms and services
- when you correspond or communicate with Rice Studios Pty Ltd over the telephone or in any other manner including by letter, or email or social media.
In addition to collecting personal information directly from you, we may also obtain personal information about you from third-party sources such as our partners and other third-party service providers.
Failure by you to provide personal information when requested by Rice Studios Pty Ltd may mean that we are unable to provide certain services and products to you.
2. What types of information do we collect?
Rice Studios Pty Ltd gathers two types of information about you, namely:
- aggregated information generated by our systems (or third party systems) to track our website traffic that does not identify you personally (“non-personal information“); and
- personal information about you such as your name, address, telephone and facsimile number, email address and in some cases, your billing details and general financial and credit information and such information as may be necessary or appropriate in connection with the provision of, or notifying you about, our products and services (“personal information“).
The type of information that Rice Studios Pty Ltd collects about you is dependent on how you use the services offered on our websites and the products you are interested in purchasing through Rice Studios Pty Ltd.
Generally, Rice Studios Pty Ltd does not collect ‘sensitive information’ about you. Sensitive information includes (but is not limited to) information about your race or ethnic origin, your religion, your medical history and your sexual orientation. Rice Studios Pty Ltd will only collect sensitive information about you in the event that it is necessary for the purpose of providing you with a product or service. In such circumstances, Rice Studios Pty Ltd will only collect sensitive information with your consent or unless we are required by law to collect such information from you.
Collection of aggregate data
Rice Studios Pty Ltd collects non-personal information in aggregate form to track data such as the total number of visits to our websites, the number of visits to specific areas of our websites and the domain names of our website visitors’ internet service providers.
We use this information, which remains in aggregate/ non-personalised form, to understand how our website visitors use our website so that we can constantly improve and enhance our services. We may also share this information with our partners and other third-party contractors for the purpose of providing you with optimal education and/or online career management services.
In order to better understand our users, Rice Studios Pty Ltd utilises third-party measurement companies to assess website and mobile traffic. A tracking code is used to collect the following information on the usage of the website:
- The number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on Rice Studios Pty Ltd;
- The number of unique visitors to Rice Studios Pty Ltd;
- How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on Rice Studios Pty Ltd when they do visit; and
- Common entry and exit points into Rice Studios Pty Ltd.
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to Rice Studios Pty Ltd to assist in analysing the usage of its websites. This data is also accessible by media organisations and research companies, for the purpose of conducting industry comparisons with other Internet websites.
Your Internet Provider (“IP”) address
Rice Studios Pty Ltd’s‘ web servers provide us with your IP address. This assists us in the diagnosis of problems and or support issues with our services.
Cookies and Applets
Rice Studios Pty Ltd uses ‘cookies’ and ‘applets’ in its websites’ systems. These enable you to use all the services on our websites. You are able to disable cookies and applets via your computer’s web browser, however, this may restrict access to some web pages and services within the Rice Studios Pty Ltd websites and will prevent us from being able to tailor advertisements to your browsing preferences.
Detection of Location Technology
Rice Studios Pty Ltd uses a lookup service to assess your general location (city and country) when you submit an enquiry via our websites. This is done to allow us to best service your needs.
3. How we collect information
Rice Studios Pty Ltd may collect personal information about you when you visit our websites, when you elect to use our online services, when you enter into a contract with Rice Studios Pty Ltd and when you deal with Rice Studios Pty Ltd over the telephone or correspond with Rice Studios Pty Ltd via letter, email or any other mode of communication.
Rice Studios Pty Ltd may also collect personal information about you from our related parties, partners and other third-party service providers where you have consented to those parties sharing your Personal Information with us.
4. How we use your personal information
Rice Studios Pty Ltd may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to communicate with you, including via email newsletters
- to, at your request, facilitate and process contracts between yourself and Rice Studios Pty Ltd
- to identify the number of people using Rice Studios Pty Ltd’s website services and establish the nature of their interests
- to conduct Rice Studios Pty Ltd marketing activities
- to provide you with information about Rice Studios Pty Ltd and its services and products
- to manage and/or process complaints and feedback
- to discharge obligations imposed on Rice Studios Pty Ltd under applicable law, regulations or guidelines
5. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose your information to third-party contractors who perform services for us in the delivery of our services to you. In these circumstances, we will only provide your information to those third parties for that purpose and no other. In some circumstances, this transfer may be to businesses outside Australia.
Where information is transferred outside of Australia we believe that the recipients of such information are subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that is similar in all material respects to the Australian Privacy Principles.
Other than as outlined above, Rice Studios Pty Ltd will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law, or necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity.
6. Access to and correction of information we hold about you
Upon your request, Rice Studios Pty Ltd will provide you with access to your personal information unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles. If we deny such access, we will tell you why.
Rice Studios Pty Ltd may recover any reasonable costs incurred in providing you access to the requested information. To request access to your personal information, please contact Rice Studios Pty Ltd using one of the contact options provided in paragraph 13 of this Privacy Statement.
7. Keeping information up-to-date
Rice Studios Pty Ltd strives to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date at all times.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or no longer up-to-date, or you wish for your details to be removed from our websites, please contact us at info@Rice Studios Pty Ltd.com so that we may take reasonable steps to address this and/or discuss alternative options with you.
8. Storage and security of your personal information
Rice Studios Pty Ltd takes reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Rice Studios Pty Ltd regularly reviews and implements new security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Whilst Rice Studios Pty Ltd strives to protect such information, we cannot ensure or provide any warranties in respect of the security of any information you transmit to us or obtain from our online products or services. Accordingly, use of the Rice Studios Pty Ltd websites is at your own risk.
Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
9. Links to other websites
The Rice Studios Pty Ltd websites contain links to other websites. Please note that these links are intended for your convenience only.
Links to third-party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by Rice Studios Pty Ltd of the content, policies or practices of those third-party websites.
If you have any concerns regarding your privacy when visiting a linked third-party, you should ensure that you check the privacy statement/policies of those websites.
10. Destruction of your personal information
Rice Studios Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information about you once the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or as authorised or required by law.
11. Changes to Rice Studios Pty Ltd’s Privacy Statement
From time to time, Rice Studios Pty Ltd may make changes to this Privacy Statement. Accordingly, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to remain informed about how we collect and protect your personal information.
Your continued use of the Rice Studios Pty Ltd websites constitutes your acceptance of the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information to the extent outlined in this Privacy Statement as amended from time to time.
For further information about the protection of your privacy, please visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at http://www.oaic.gov.au.
12. Feedback & Complaints about privacy and the Rice Studios Pty Ltd websites
Rice Studios Pty Ltd welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the Rice Studios Pty Ltd websites. Rice Studios Pty Ltd stores feedback that users send to us. This feedback may be used to administer and refine the services we provide and may be shared with Rice Studios Pty Ltd partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.
If you have any complaints about our dealings with your personal information including any breaches by us of any Australian Privacy Principles or any questions regarding this Privacy Statement you are able to submit that complaint or query by contacting us at info@Rice Studios Pty Ltd.com or by telephone or post using the methods detailed in the “Contact Us” paragraph below.
Any complaints received by us will be referred for prompt investigation by our compliance team and a written response will be provided to you as soon as possible.
13. Contact Us
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement please contact us using the details provided below:
Post: 5A Hartnett Close, Mulgrave Victoria 3150